Donors' Education Collaborative
- A video featuring Lorie Slutsky on the collective wisdom behind the Donors' Education Collaborative.
The Donors' Education Collaborative (DEC) is a joint grantmaking effort that supports policy reforms aimed at making the New York City public school system more equitable and responsive to the needs of all children.
Since its inception, its members have shared a belief that an informed, organized, and empowered constituency of parents, educators, businesses, and community leaders is required to advocate for and sustain systemic reform that will spur increases in student achievement.
|The Urban Youth Collaborative held a rally to highlight its agenda for schools, which includes making schools safer, and helping kids transition from high school to college.
DEC has invested more than $15 million in projects that combine constituency building, policy research and development, advocacy, media campaigns, negotiation, and organizing to achieve reform.
- Catherine & Joseph Aresty Foundation
- Atlantic Philanthropies
- Morton K. and Jane Blaustein Foundation
- Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Booth Ferris Foundation
- Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation
- The Ford Foundation
- Charles Evans Hughes Memorial Foundation
- The New York Community Trust
- NoVo Foundation
- The Schott Foundation for Public Education
- Trinity Wall Street
Past and Current Grantees
- Advocates for Children
- Alliance for Quality Education
- Campaign for Fiscal Equity
- NYC Coalition for Educational Justice
- The New School, Center for New York City Affairs
- NY Immigration Coalition / Internationals Network for Public Schools
- National Economic and Social Rights Initiative
- Urban Youth Collaborative
For more information about the Donors' Education Collaborative, please contact Trust program officer, Shawn Morehead at (212) 686-0010 x557