Community Funds Investment Pool
- Designed for the donors who have a longer term orientation.
- Investment objective: To produce a return of approximately 4.5% annually after inflation and fees over the longer term—consistent with a reasonable degree of risk.
- Investment allocation: The Investment Committee determines the asset allocation of this fund and selects and monitors both active managers and index funds.
Because the investments in the pool are valued only monthly, transfers in and out of the pool can be made only on the first business day of each month. To create greater liquidity, donors often combine an investment in the pool with an allocation to the money market fund. The money market balance is replenished each month to a target that the donors select.
- Investment fees: Investment management fees for the CFI Pool amount to approximately 75 basis points; in addition, the pool pays incentive fees to private equity and hedge fund managers. For 2015, incentive fees came to about 25 basis points of the pool's overall assets, bringing total fees to 100 basis points.
- Investment vehicles: A listing of the managers appears in the report of market value and performance. For details, download our report on pool performance.
- Performance: The performance for the individual managers and the total pool appears in the report of market value and performance. For details, download our report on pool performance.
Other investment vehicles