Community Funds Investment Pool
- Designed for the donors who have a longer term orientation.
- Investment objective: To produce a return of at least 5% annually after inflation over the longer term—consistent with a reasonable degree of risk.
- Investment allocation: The Investment Committee determines the asset allocation of this fund and selects and monitors both active managers and index funds.
Donor funds invested in the pool are subject to a spending plan that makes a percentage of the fund's market value available for grants at the beginning of each year. (If the donor fund allows invasions of principal, advisors may make additional withdrawals during the year.)
Because the investments in the pool are valued only monthly, transfers in and out of the pool can be made only on the first business day of each month.
- Investment fees: Investment management and custody fees for the pool total approximately 0.80% of assets. This is an estimate, since the mix of investments changes continually.
- Investment vehicles: A listing of the managers appears in the report of market value and performance. For details, download our report on pool performance.
- Performance: The performance for the individual managers and the total pool appears in the report of market value and performance. For details, download our report on pool performance.
Other investment vehicles