Request for Proposals for Blood Disease Research Projects 2011
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 pm. on Wednesday, September 28, 2011. They will be reviewed by a panel of experts and the grant awards will be announced by December 2011.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The New York Community Trust (The Trust) is inviting a limited number of medical research institutions in the New York City area to submit proposals for funding of research projects in the field of blood diseases.
The Trust is a charitable foundation concerned with the needs of the Greater New York area. We have a special fund to support research in the field of blood diseases. A panel of recognized hematologists will convene to review proposals solicited from the major medical research institutions on a competitive basis. We estimate that about $500,000 will be available this year to support such research projects. No more than two projects can be submitted from any one organization for basic laboratory research in field of blood disease.
Candidates may apply for support totaling $100,000 for up to 2 years, but funds for any one project year may not exceed $50,000. Second-year funding is contingent upon submission of a satisfactory progress report at the end of the first year. Research that may have application to New York City residents is of particular interest to The Trust. We will give special consideration to young investigators.
Complete the Blood Disease Application Cover Sheet for each project. The proposal should also include the following information:
- Statement of broad objectives and specific goals of the research project(s) (limited to 2 single-spaced pages).
- Brief background information of problem Limited to 3 single-spaced pages).
- Research design and protocol (not to exceed 4 single-spaced pages).
- Staff (curriculum vitae and bibliography of complete papers of all proposed investigators).
- Current research grant support and pending research grant support for Principal Investigator for this or other project; name of granting agency; title of project; annual amount of grant and total amount of grant; duration of grant, i.e., total years.
- Personnel (salaried and non-salaried from this grant)
- Equipment and supplies
- Other itemized sosts
- Overhead (indirect costs not to exceed 10%)
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2011. They will be reviewed by a panel of experts and the grant awards will be announced by December 2011. Questions should be addressed to:
Mr. Len McNally, Program Director
The New York Community Trust
909 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
(212) 686-0010, x 556
Please submit proposals by e-mail, to email@example.com.
Please save the Blood Disease Application Cover Sheet to your desktop or folder, complete the form, attach it and the full proposal to an e-mail (as a Word document or a PDF), and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the applicant’s last name and the word “blood” on the subject line of your e-mail. We will acknowledge receipt of your application by e-mail within 2 business days.